Friday, February 25, 2011

✂ Designer's Tip of The Day- Add to the Library!

I  just added two GREAT books to my library and I highly recommend them to any fashion design enthusiast!

Fashion Drawing in Vogue by William Packer
"This is, above all else, a book of drawings, just drawings: and I think it is beautiful" - David Hockney


Indeed, it is... Prior to the "super model", fashion was presented by way of the illustrator.  Images in magazines and catalogues used fashion illustrations to share the latest designs with it's public.  Great illustrators such as Erte', Jean Patu', 'Eric', and even Salvador Dali graced the covers of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.  These books are a tribute to the colorful lives of those artists and the designers!


Masters of Fashion Illustration by David Downtown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have both of these books! You may also enjoy 100 Years of Fashion Illustration by Cally Blackman.